History of Wayne
Wayne is located in
Radnor Township in Delaware County,
Tredyffrin Township in Chester County, and
Upper Merion Township in Montgomery County.
Below are important links for Wayne:
Wayne PA - Facebook
Wayne, Pennsylvania was once home to the Lenni
Lenape Indians, the land here was first settled in the 1600's by a
group of 40 Quakers from Radnorshire, Wales.Wayne
was originally named Louella, after founder J. Henry Askin's
daughters Louisa and Ella. Wayne's development began when a railroad
stop called Cleaver's Landing was established. It was renamed Wayne
Station after General Anthony Wayne, who was a United States Army
general and statesman during the American Revolution.
The Wayne Station was built by
the Pennsylvania Railroad between 1882 and 1885.
Egan Real Estate